Drummond Land & Cattle Co. traces its roots to Fredrick Drummond, who came to the former Osage Nation Indian territory at the age of 22 in 1886. 

Drummond emigrated from Scotland in 1882 and was hired as a clerk by John R. Skinner who owned the Osage Mercantile Company in Pawhuska, Oklahoma. 

Shortly after arriving at the Osage Nation, Drummond met Addie Gentner, and they would get married in 1890. 

The Drummonds moved to Hominy with their son, Roy Cecil "R.C.", Fredrick Gentner, and Alfred Alexander "Jack."

By the 1980s the brothers and their descendants managed more than 200,000 acres in Oklahoma and Kansas. Drummond Land & Cattle Co. was founded by Chuck, Tim, and Ladd Drummond in the early 1990s, and is owned and operated by brothers Tim and Ladd. 

The ranch is involved in all areas of the cattle industry and is headquartered in Pawhuska, Oklahoma.

The ranch maintains a herd of 25 broodmares in its goal to raise horses that work on the ranch and compete. 

As fifth-generation Drummonds, Tim and Ladd work to manage and adapt to the industry, aiming to leave it better than they found it.