Five Fast Facts: Riley Webb Breaking Records, Nogueira and Driggers Three-Peat, Clayton Biglow’s Big Day
There were some significant shakeups in the PRCA World Standings over the previous week. With big paydays at the Xtreme Bronc Finals, Caldwell, and Canby, a handful of athletes saw their NFR chances greatly increase.
Here are your Five Fast Facts to get you caught up from a busy weekend in rodeo.
1. Riley Webb has more than $229,000 earned on the season, which is a new Tie-Down Roping regular season record. Webb broke Shad Mayfield’s record of $203,000 which was set last season.
2. Bareback Rider Dean Thompson made four straight rides of 85 points or more over the weekend. The strong showing helped Thompson climb from No. 19 in the PRCA Bareback World Standings to No. 15.
3. Husband and wife tandem Haven Meged and Shelby Boisjoli won the Caldwell Night Rodeo in Tie-Down Roping and Breakaway Roping over the weekend.
4. Clayton Biglow has been exactly 90.5 points on the last two times he’s been on The Calgary Stampede’s Yipee Kibbitz. His most recent ride on the Bronc came in Canby where he won the rodeo and earned $5,000.
5. Kaleb Driggers and Junior Nogueira each took over the No. 1 spot in Team Roping over the weekend. They look to become the first Team Roping pair to three-peat as partners since Speed Williams and Rich Skelton did so from 2002 to 2004.