Five Fast Facts: Keenan Hayes Dominating Rookie Season, Saddle Bronc Riders Cross Big Milestone, and More
As we enter the final month of the 2023 regular season we can begin to look at athlete’s seasons as a whole and several stand out. Here are your Five Fast Facts looking at some of the biggest storylines of the 2023 season.
1. Bareback Rider Keenan Hayes has earned $67,000 more than any other Bareback Rider entering the final month of the season. A year ago Cole Reiner entered the NFR in the No. 1 spot with $167,000. This year, Keenan Hayes has already earned over $216,000.
2. No. 2 Tie-Down Roper Haven Meged made over $14,000 over the weekend, including a win at the Golden Spike Stampede. Meged is closing in on crossing the $200,000 mark for the fourth time in five years.
3. Three Saddle Bronc Riders have already cleared the $200,000 mark in earnings this season. It is the only event with three athletes over the mark with Sage Newman, Stetson Wright, and Zeke Thurston doing so.
4. Bareback Riders Richmond Champion and Clayton Biglow have combined to win 12 rodeos in the month of August. Champion’s biggest win came at Lea County while Biglow’s came at the Golden Spike Stampede.
5. Every cowboy ranked inside the Top 10 entering September last season would go on to make the NFR.