Fast Facts: Several Climbing World Standings, Team Roping Getting Tight, and Stetson Wright Making History
The first half of August has seen several athletes make major pushes up the PRCA World Standings and with less than 45 days in the regular season, every dollar counts. Here is a look at your Five Fast Facts from Zero In, airing every Tuesday at 7:30 PM Eastern on The Cowboy Channel.
1. Richmond Champion has earned over $30,000 since July 26th and now finds himself inside the top 15 in the PRCA World Standings. Champion, who came back from a neck injury is up to No. 13 in the Bareback Standings with just under $90,000 earned on the season.
2. As of August 16, the Header side of Team Roping is as tight of a race as any. The top three in the World are separated by less than $1,800 in total. Dustin Egusquiza currently holds the No. 1 spot, but Kaleb Driggers and Nelson Wyatt are hot on his heels.
3. All eight Bronc Riders in the money at the Lea County PRCA Rodeo over the weekend were marked 86 points or higher. Damian Brennan took the rodeo with an 89.5-point ride on Pete Carr Pro Rodeo’s High Dive.
4. There are currently three PRCA Bull Riders averaging more than 85 points per qualified ride. Stetson Wright, JB Mauney, and Ky Hamilton are all above the mark.
5. Speaking of Stetson Wright, he now has 50 rides of 85 points or more in Saddle Bronc Riding, making him the first cowboy to accomplish the feat twice in one event.