NFR Round 3 News and Notes
Round 3 saw former World Champion Hailey Kinsel secure her second consecutive round win, Jess Pope get his first Round win of the NFR, and a Team Roping Round 3 record.
Here are your News and Notes from Round 3.
- Hailey Kinsel now has a win in all ten rounds of the NFR in her career after getting a win in Rounds 2 and 3. Kinsel opened the rodeo with a knocked barrel, but has now won the following two rounds and is in second place behind Jordon Briggs. Over the course of her career, she has placed in 38 of 53 possible NFR rounds.
- Jess Pope continues to dominate the NFR. Pope took the round last night with an 86.5-point ride, bringing his season earnings to over $230,000. Pope has placed in 17 of 23 rounds in his young career and is looking to take the average title for the third consecutive year, something that hasn’t been done since Kaycee Feild did so beginning in 2011.
- Tanner Tomlinson and Patrick Smith set the Round 3 Team Roping record with a 3.6-second run to win the round. Tomlinson not only set the record, but it was the NFR Rookie’s first career round win.
- Lefty Holman enters the Gold Buckle Race. Lefty Holman entered the 2022 NFR No. 5 in the world and over $100,000 behind Sage Newman who is still in first place. Holman has now placed in all three rounds and won Rounds 2 and 3. Last night’s win came after his first career 90-point ride in the Thomas and Mack and Holman is now leading the average and is projected to finish second in the world behind Sage Newman.
- The matchup of the night in Round 4 comes in Saddle Bronc Riding where former World Champion Zeke Thurston is matched up with Pro Rodeo’s Heaven on Earth who has an average stock score of 45.75 this year with no qualified rides on him in 2022.
- Chase Brooks also has a golden opportunity in front of him as he is matched up with Beutler & Son Rodeo’s Killer Bee who has an average score of 91.17 points in 2022.