Makin’ 8: Top 8 Team Roping Runs of the 2023 Season
Here is a look back on the Top 8 runs of the 2023 regular season in team roping!
8. Rhen Richard and Jeremy Buhler stop the clock at 5.8 seconds in the Finals of RodeoHouston to get the big win. The win earned them $50,000 towards their season earnings.
7. Clay Smith and Coleby Payne stop the clock at 2.6 seconds at the Governor’s Cup in Round 1. It was the second-fastest run of the weekend in South Dakota.
6. Staying in South Dakota, there were three runs of 3.7 seconds or faster in the Governor’s Cup Final Round alone.
5. Erich Rogers and Paul Eaves go 3.4 seconds at San Angelo to win Round 2. The run would end up being the fastest of the season for Rogers and Eaves.
4. Dustin Egusquiza and Levi Lord stop the clock at 3.5 seconds in San Antonio to win the Wild Card Round. The run was the fastest of the year for the pair.
3. Nelson Wyatt and Tyler Wroley won over $25,000 on five checks at the NFR Open. The pair won the opening round and took the Final Round with a 4.4-second run.
2. Tyler Wade and Wesley Thorp had a massive weekend taking both Ogden and Spanish Fork in a three-day window.
1. Coleman Proctor and Logan Medlin saved their best run for last. In the final run of the season, the pair went 3.4 seconds to win the Governor’s Cup in South Dakota.