JOB TITLE: Public Relations Coordinator
REPORTS TO: Chief Marketing Officer
Responsible for building and maintaining a positive image for Rural Media Group. In charge of establishing and maintaining relationships with consumer, community, employee, and public interest groups by writing press releases and other media communications, responding to requests for information and press conferences, and coaching client representatives in the correct way of communicating with the public and with clients.
Public Relations Responsibilities:
- Writing Text press releases and other media communications to promote The Cowboy Channel and Rural Media Group
- Responding to requests for information release or press conference from the media or designating a spokesperson or source of information.
- Establishing and maintaining relationships with consumer, community, employee, and public interest groups.
- Planning or directing the development of programs to maintain favorable public views of the organization's agenda and accomplishments.
- Coaching client representatives in effective communication with the public and employees.
- Studying the organization's objectives, promotional policies, and needs to build public relations strategies that influence public opinion and promote products, ideas, and services.
- Preparing and editing organizational publications, including employee newsletters for internal and external audiences.
- Conferring with managers to identify trends and group interests and providing advice on business decisions.
Public Relations Requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree in journalism, PR, marketing or related field.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to pitch to media.
- Knowledge of consumer marketing.
- An ability to work on big strategy plans as well as day-to-day tasks.
- Ability to think both creatively and strategically.
- Ability to run PR campaigns that deliver measurable results and meet objectives.
- Deadline-oriented, inquisitive, with great follow-up and reporting skills.
- Creativity in securing coverage and buzz with traditional outlets.
- Project and budget management skills.
- Responds well under pressure with strict time limit.
- Quick and enthusiastic learner.
- Knowledge of rodeo is a plus
If you are interested in applying for this position please submit your resume and salary requirements to Jenna Daley: Jenna@thecowboychannel.com by October 1st, 2020.