Front Desk Representative
STATUS: Part-time Weekends and/or a Week Day
JOB BRIEF: The Cowboy Channel, The World’s First & Only Western Sports & Lifestyle Network (sister network to RFD-TV) is seeking a pleasant Front Desk Representative to nurture a strong industry network, increase awareness and develop an enviable corporate image by welcoming guests into the storefront and giving guided tours of The Cowboy Channel Studio. You will be the “face” of the company for all visitors and will be responsible for the first impression we make.
The ideal candidate will have a friendly and easy-going personality while also being very perceptive and disciplined. You should be able to deal with customer confusion/possible complaints and give accurate information. A customer-oriented approach is essential.
The goal is to make guests and visitors feel comfortable and valued while on our premises.
RESPONSIBILITIES & KEY ACTIVITIES:
- Handles general opening and closing duties
- Keeps the front desk and storefront tidy and presentable with all necessary materials
- Greets and welcomes guests as they approach the entry
- Answers questions and explains tour schedules
- Gives guided tours of The Cowboy Channel Studio in the Fort Worth Stockyards
- Answers all incoming calls and directs them or keeps messages
- Receives letters, packages, etc.
- Completes cash register transactions on the Shopify POS system
- Is responsible for an accurate cash drawer
- Works as an active and involved member of the team performing any task needed to support the organization
- Communicates and works as a team player
- Provides exemplary customer assistance
- Attends and participates in training and planning sessions
- Adheres to company policy and assigned standards of performance
- Other duties as assigned by supervisor
- Please note this job description is not designated to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE:
- High School diploma or equivalent required.
- 0-2 years’ experience in related field
- Knowledge of agriculture, rodeo and/or the western lifestyle is a plus.
SKILLS & ABILITIES:
- Strong customer service skills
- Strong communication skills and the capability to effectively respond to questions from managers, colleagues and customers
- Must have the ability to calculate figures
- Proficient use of Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, Outlook and PowerPoint)
- Must have the ability to learn new software programs
- Must have good organizational skills and the ability to meet deadlines
- Must have the ability to lift 25lbs.
- Must be able to stand or sit at desk for long periods of time
- Keyboarding skills
To apply, ONLY serious inquiries, please send a cover letter explaining how your experience and person will best fit our company, a résumé to email@example.com