REPORTS TO: Joe Loverro, Chief Content & Creative Officer
JOB BRIEF: The Cowboy Channel, The World’s First & Only Western Sports & Lifestyle Network (sister network to RFD-TV) has an exciting opportunity for a passionate and innovative storyteller. Our brand-new studio in the historic Fort Worth Stockyards is seeking a creative Shooter/Editor that is a highly motivated self-starter that will not only capture a known story but will seek out the stories that have yet to be revealed. Our flagship western sports program will be like SportsCenter for rodeo.
A successful candidate will be a proven multi-talented Shooter and Producer with a reel showcasing attention-grabbing pictures and well-crafted stories.
RESPONSIBILITIES & KEY ACTIVITIES:
- Field Produce, shoot, write and edit feature-length pieces for magazine programs and news
- Pre-produce remotes to ensure successful shoots
- Shoot undeniably great pictures that energize and amplify the subject and/or story
- Generate succinct and engaging copy, yet know how to let pieces truly focus on the people it’s about
- Attend and participate in training and planning sessions
- Adhere to company policy and assigned standards of performance
- Other duties as assigned by supervisor
- 3+ years of experience as a Writer-Producer and Videographer-Editor at a local affiliate, cable or broadcast network or comparable business
- Limitless curiosity and a strong propensity for creative enterprise
- Reel showcasing several individual pieces that you have produced, written and shot
- Must be willing to submit to a background investigation
- Must have an unrestricted work authorization to work in the United States
- Must be 18 years or older
- Must be willing to work in Fort Worth, Texas
- Could require some travel
- Knowledge of agriculture, rodeo and/or the western lifestyle is a plus.
ABOUT THE COWBOY CHANNEL:
The Cowboy Channel is a network dedicated to Western Sports Entertainment and Lifestyle programming. We will produce dozens of hours of sports and lifestyle news programming each week, in additional to sporting events and special programs.
The Cowboy Channel lineup is a mix of sports, sporting news, entertainment, ranching lifestyle and equine programming designed for those who are passionate about the western way of life.
The network occupies state-of-the-art production facilities and office in the historic Stockyards of Fort Worth, Texas.
To apply, please send a cover letter explaining how your experience and person will best fit our company, a résumé, and samples of your work to firstname.lastname@example.org