REPORTS TO: Joe Loverro, Chief Content & Creative Officer
JOB BRIEF: The Cowboy Channel, The World’s First & Only Western Sports & Lifestyle Network (sister network to RFD-TV) has an exciting opportunity for a passionate and innovative Director. Our brand-new studio in the historic Fort Worth Stockyards requires a true innovator to utilize our state-of-the-art cameras and equipment to the next level. Our flagship western sports program will be like Sportscenter for rodeo. We will need a Director with drive and vision.
PLEASE NOTE: The Cowboy Channel will not offer relocation compensation for this position. You must be available by no later than June 1, 2019.
REEL WITH DIRECTOR’S TRACK REQUIRED
RESPONSIBILITIES & KEY ACTIVITIES:
- Direct at least 3 hours per day of studio sports news and talk show programs – some report production as well.
- Work closely with editorial to ensure that best practices are used in rundowns and show execution
- Coach crew to improve skills
- Attend and participate in training and planning sessions
- Adhere to company policy and assigned standards of performance
- Other duties as assigned by supervisor
- Demonstrated history as an excellent Director of sports and news programs; a skillful communicator and problem solver
- Superb knowledge of broadcast technology; ability to call on experience to solve complex issues
- Minimum four (4) years of directing experience
- Ability to periodically (but not consistently) work non-traditional hours; ability to travel
- Ability to work in a fast paced, high pressure environment
- Must be willing to submit to a background investigation
- Must have an unrestricted work authorization to work in the United States
- Must be 18 years or older
- Must be willing to work in Fort Worth, Texas
- Ability to travel as required
- Knowledge of agriculture, rodeo and/or the western lifestyle is a plus.
ABOUT THE COWBOY CHANNEL:
The Cowboy Channel is a network dedicated to Western Sports Entertainment and Lifestyle programming. We will produce dozens of hours of sports and lifestyle news programming each week, in additional to sporting events and special programs.
The Cowboy Channel lineup is a mix of sports, sporting news, entertainment, ranching lifestyle and equine programming designed for those who are passionate about the western way of life.
The network occupies state-of-the-art production facilities and office in the historic Stockyards of Fort Worth, Texas.
To apply, please send a cover letter explaining how your experience and person will best fit our company, a résumé, and samples of your work to firstname.lastname@example.org