Event Marketing Coordinator
JOB TITLE: Event Marketing Coordinator
REPORTS TO: Chief Marketing Officer
Plan, produce, and oversee execution of marketing and communications plan activities including media, promotions, and collateral materials for Rural Media Group. Develop materials to deliver the organization's messages to the public and the media. Oversee and assist with organization and coordination of conferences, meetings, seminars, tradeshows and other events.
ROLES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Provide support and assistance in planning, developing, producing, and delivering marketing and communications materials.
- Manage development, production, and distribution of promotional and collateral materials.
- Develop and oversee the communications calendar to ensure timely execution of the program.
- Use contact management system and other social media to create and send emails, newsletters, etc.
- Participate in budget development and support budget management.
- Use independent judgment to execute marketing and communications plan.
- Prepare written materials including some marketing copy, business communications, reports, and presentation scripts.
- Be responsible for ensuring accuracy in information and proofreading.
- Analyze marketing and communications programs and make recommendations to adjust strategy and tactics to increase effectiveness.
Events and Programs:
- Conduct research, make site visits, and find resources to help staff make decisions about event possibilities.
- Coordinate on-site arrangements for all meetings and events: Assist with negotiations for space contracts and book event space, arrange food and beverage, order supplies and audiovisual equipment, ensure appropriate décor.
- Serve as liaison with vendors on event-related matters
- Assist with managing on-site production and clean up for events as necessary
- Prepare nametags, materials, notebooks, packages, gift bags, registration lists, seating cards, etc.
- Assist with preparing budgets and provide periodic progress reports to Chief Marketing Officer for each event project.
- Keep track of event finances including check requests, invoicing, and reporting.
- Close out all events as required.
- Propose new ideas to improve the event planning and implementation process.
- Education – Associates Degree essential, Bachelor’s Degree preferred. Desired course of study: marketing, communications, event planning, or equivalent experience;
- Minimum 2 years’ experience;
- Ability to use contact management system and other social media to create and send emails, newsletters, etc.
- Computer proficiency: word-processing, spreadsheet, PowerPoint, and data base management; Excellent organizational and office skills;
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills;
- Sound decision-making ability;
- Ability to work independently while maintaining effective working relationships with co-workers, supervisors, customers, and the general public.
- Ability to develop and maintain strong working relationships both internally and externally, including media contacts and vendors
- Ability to develop timelines and meet deadlines
- Strong detail orientation
- High standards for quality work
- Personable demeanor/excellent customer service orientation
- Ability to handle multiple projects concurrently
- Outstanding organizational skills:
- Meeting coordination
- Event planning
- Desktop publishing abilities:
- Create spreadsheets
- Create PowerPoint presentations
- Knowledge of Rodeo is a plus
If you are interested in applying for this position please submit your resume and salary requirements to Jenna Daley: Jenna@thecowboychannel.com by October 1st, 2020.